Search This Blog

Monday, March 26, 2012

Pumpkin Facial?!?!

I know it's not fall anymore but I still long for pumpkin facials.  Since they are a seasonal thing and we are 6 months away from said season, I have to do mine at home.  I found a recipe online that I absolutely love and want to share it with you.  If you google pumpkin facial, you'll see a lot of recipes that include pumpkin puree, honey and milk.  Those are alright but my absolute favorite is below.

Pumpkin is rich in zinc, which helps purify oily, blemished complexions. Pumpkin enzymes also work to gently exfoliate the skin without any abrasive particles.






Ingredients:
2/3 Cup Fresh Papaya
1 can of pumpkin puree
1 egg



1. Cut the papaya in half and scoop out all the seeds.  Then cut it into 1 inch cubes.  Place 2/3 cup of papaya in a blender (or food processor) and blend until smooth.  Once the papaya is nice and smooth, add your raw egg and blend again.  Add your can of pumpkin and continue blending until well mixed.

2. Once your mask is ready, fully clean your face with your normal cleanser.  Make sure all traces of makeup are gone.  I like to fill my sink with HOT water.  The water from my tap is near boiling so this works well for me but you can heat up some water from your kitchen if you need to.  I like to position my face over the sink (not touching the water) and put a towel over my head and the basin of the sink to trap the maximum amount of steam.  Obviously, if you have an at home facial steamer, this would be ideal. I usually steam for about 2-5 minutes, depending on how much heat I can take.

3. Apply the Mask. Cover your entire face, being careful to avoid the immediate eye area. If you have sensitive skin, test the mixture on your hand before spreading it on your face. You'll feel some tingling as the enzymes in the pumpkin go to work immediately -- gently exfoliating your top layer of skin. It works like a scrub without being abrasive to your skin. Leave the mask on for 10 minutes.

4. Rinse Off Mask. After you've relaxed for ten minutes it's time to rinse. The mask is fairly thick -- head for the kitchen sink.

5. Apply Toner & Moisturizer.


There will be a lot of leftover mask so invite some friends over for a spa day or put some in a tupperware container and freeze it for later.  I really like this mask and use it frequently.  It leaves my skin feeling really smooth and does help brighten my face.  I love that it's so easy to make and so cheap too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment