Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

April Foundation Routine


Since I said I wasn't going to be doing an April favorites post I thought I'd at least include one part of my makeup routine that has changed a bit.  Shortly after I finished my project 10 pan, I decided to go and purchase a few products that I've heard rave reviews about because I felt that the products I had were missing something.  While I like my airbrush very much and am happy with the OCC foundation that I bought once I'd used up the Luminess foundation that came with my kit, I found that I still felt like I was missing something.  Airbrush foundation is not as fast or as easy as you'd think it'd be.  You still have to use concealer and powder and it does not last all day like they say it does.  That being said, I do not regret purchasing the airbrush and it will be a part of my daily routine from here on out.  

Fresh Faced.  I'm a brave girl for putting my naked face on the internet
I purchased the Origins Vitazing about 3 weeks ago and have been loving it.  It's one of those tinted moisturizer/foundations that start out white and react with your skin to change to the perfect color.  It's not fantastic coverage but it's good enough to start off with.  
Origins Vitazing 
All blended in











Once I have that rubbed in, I mix a little of the Vichy Dermablend foundation with my MAC Pro Longwear concealer (to adjust the color so it'll match my skin) and apply that to places that I need a little more coverage.  I then tap my Sigma F82 over the concealer to blend it into my skin.
Concealer
Blended in

Once that is on, I put about 6 drops of foundation into my airbrush gun and go over everything to ensure a seamless makeup application.
Airbrush
I then use the Garnier Nutritioniste Skin Renew Anti-Dark Circle Eye Roller to cover my dark circles.  This product is amazing!!  It's lightweight but conceals so well that I don't even need another under eye concealer after this.  I love that it doesn't sink into fine lines and never ever looks caky.  The best part is that if it does start to fade (which doesn't happen to me for at least 6 hours) you can reapply on top of your makeup and it doesn't look like there's layers and layers of concealer under your eyes.
Garnier Anti Dark Circle Roller
BLEND!!!











I then pat a translucent powder into my skin with a powder puff and apply Bare Minerals well rested under my eyes with my Sigma E40 and I'm ready to apply the rest of my makeup.  I know it seems like a lot of work but it doesn't take as long as it sounds.
All Powdered 
 I find that doing it this way gives me a very natural looking full coverage that lasts all day and that's all I want out of my makeup.

Add a little color and light back to your face and here's the finished product
I'm really happy with the results mostly because it lasts all day.  I don't have to worry about my makeup fading and it never ends up looking caky.  Towards the end of the day some oil does start to show through but it's nothing like it used to be.  I spend most of the day looking pore less and like I have naturally amazing skin.

Anyway, I hope you've found this helpful.  Let me know if you've tried any of the products mentioned and what you think of them and tell me if there are any tips or tricks that you have found that you love. 

No comments:

Post a Comment