Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Project 10 Pan

Alright, I'm going to do something nice for my wallet and start on a project 10 pan.  I have some makeup on the way including a new airbrush system so that won't be included.  In case you don't know a project 10  pan is where you do not purchase any new makeup until you use up 10 products.  Doing this allows you to shop your stash and fall in love with products that you may not have been reaching for lately.  I have done a project 5 pan in the past which was easy because I had 5 products that were close to the end of their life when I started.  This time I only have a few that I think I could finish in the next month so this could be a difficult thing for me.

Here are my rules:
1. Product must be full size.
2. Skin care does not count.  I will not be purchasing new skin care during this but using up skin care does not count towards my 10 pan.
3. Must completely use up a product...not just hit pan
4. I am not able to Back to MAC for free lipstick until I'm done
5. Having my boyfriend buy me something is cheating
6. Unsolicited gifts from other people are not cheating (I do have a birthday in 2 weeks).
7. I am not allowed to purchase anything beauty related.  This includes brushes, nail polish, Shampoo/Conditioner, Soap, perfume, etc.  I have enough of all of these things to last me another year.
8. If I receive a gift card, I will not use it until after the project 10 pan is complete.
9. I can have my monthly facial.  They are pre-paid and no sense in letting my skin suffer.
10. I will not purchase beauty related gifts for any one else.  It will be too tempting to get something for myself.

I have a few things that I think I'll be able to use up in the near future.

MAC MSF Natural/Shimmer



 I purchased this about 2 years ago from a CCO and loved it.  I have re-purchased the regular MSF Natural in the same shade and used up about 3.  I think I use this one less because I always end up getting shimmer on my brush too when I really just want the regular powder.  I think it'll work out well though because it is just about spring time and the shimmer mixed with the face powder will give me a fresh look.






Bare Minerals Bisque



I don't even remember when I first bought this product.  Probably about 4 years ago.  Since I've been using the Bare Minerals well rested under my eyes, I've found myself reaching for this sometimes too.  It's pinker and definitely darker than the well rested so I don't think it's great for under eyes but maybe it'll work for setting concealer on the rest of my face.  We'll see.







Benefit Erase Paste

As you can see, there is hardly any left of this concealer.  I bought this about a year ago and it was my second little tub.  It works well at concealing under eye circles for the first 5 minutes that you're wearing it and then it settles into fine lines and creases like a bitch.  Maybe using this with the Bare Minerals Bisque will help that.  I don't know how I ended up using as much as I did (twice!!).






MAC Blanc Type, Naked Lunch, Some Smashbox color

Now these three are actually going to be easy to use up and I'm kind of dreading using these all up because they are my favorites and I don't have exact dupes for them.  I feel like the Blanc Type will be used up in about a week if I use it every day and Naked Lunch won't be far behind.  The Smashbox color looks like it has about a month or two left in it if used every day.  I'm sad to see these go and they will be my first purchases after I complete this.




MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot

Another well loved product from 2 years ago.  I'm surprised this hasn't dried up any.  It was my first MAC paint pot and I have used it a lot.  When I originally bought it, I used it as an under eye concealer because my eyeliner wouldn't smudge at all if this was on.  Now it makes my eyes look really dry and wrinkly if I use it that way but it still makes a great base for my shadows.






Stila Plumping lip glaze in Citrus Mint


I got this in some sort of bronzing makeup kit from Stila a few years ago and liked it very much.  It tastes like mint and gives a soft shimmer to the lips while plumping and increasing bloodflow to the lips.  I like wearing this alone with minimal makeup for a more natural look.  I'm actually looking forward to fully using this product.






MAC Dazzleglass in Baby Sparks


This is my favorite lip gloss of all time.  I love everything about it - the baby pink color, the blue/pink glitter, the stickiness, the smell...I don't want to use it all up because I will miss it when it's gone but I am looking forward to justifying buying a brand new one.







MAC Lip Glass in Icescape

This I will be most sad to go.  I received this in my very first gratis from MAC when I worked there last year and think it's the most beautiful color.  It is the only limited edition item in my 10 pan and I'm really bummed that I won't be able to replace this.  I know it's re-promoted every once in a while and I've seen it at various CCOs so all hope is not lost.



Some of the products have a long way to go before I use them up and some I think only have a few more uses left in them.  Either way, I think finishing this all up will take some time and allow me to appreciate what I have.  My little sister is having a baby in a few weeks so I think spending my money spoiling him is going to be a much better use of it than just another mascara.  I'll keep you updated on my progress and live vicariously through your hauls.  Wish me luck.  I'm going to need it!!

1 comment:

  1. Good for you, I have an informal pan project of my own on the go. It's so satisfying to use something up!

    ReplyDelete