Search This Blog

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Small MAC Haul

I recently realized that I was still able to purchase MAC pro items despite the fact that my staff discount had been revoked when I stopped working for MAC.  Excited that I could finally see all the pro products again  (MAC pro changed their website and you have to be a pro member to even view pro products...stupid!) I decided to purchase some things that I've always wanted to try.  It was only 2 things from Pro and one thing I just needed to replenish.  After two long grueling days of sales meetings I arrived home to see a small black box on my doorstep greeting me and instantly brightening my day.

$24 (MACcosmetics.com)
The first thing I got was the MAC Lightful Foaming Creme Cleanser.  I started using this about a year ago when I bought my first Clarisonic.  I don't know if it was the Clarisonic, the Cleanser, or just the fact that I was taking good care of my skin but it never looked better.  As I said in my January Favorites, I started using the Lightful Active Softening Lotion and the Lightful Deep Ultra Moisture Creme and while I loved how my skin looked, I missed the full Lightful line.  I haven't used the cleanser with my Clarisonic (I returned my Clarisonic because it stopped holding a charge) because I purchased a new mia and it won't arrive until Monday but I do like using this on its own.  As with the Clarisonic, it foams up nicely and cleans deep down in my skin without over drying.  I don't think it's meant to control oil but I feel like it has.  It also took me a really really long time to finish the bottle (about 9 months) because you use so little.


$14.50 (to purchase call 1-800-866-6464)
The next thing I got was MAC's creme eyeliner which is similar to something I used to use from Borghese years ago when they sold cosmetics in the department stores and not just nail polish in CVS.  Here's what MAC has to say about it "Creme Liner is an advanced version of traditional creme liner, which can be used wet or dry. It can be applied straight from the container for a concentrated opaque line, or with a tiny bit of water for a more liquid/fluid application. It dries quickly, is streak-resistant, and long-lasting. Not made with harsh solvents or lacquers like some, this formula contains Vitamin E. It provides the most versatility for the artist."  I don't know about applying it dry because it it kind of waxy and not very easy to pick up but add a little Fix + or water and it is amazing! It is everything I wish Fluidline would be for me.  I'll do a full review on this once I've used it more than just once but so far, I'm loving it. 


$19.50 (To purchase call 1800-866-6464)
The last thing I got was somewhat impractical but I've wanted it for a long time and have searched high and low for this at CCOs and various websites that give samples.  I even called MAC Pro to see if I could get this and I was told that it was discontinued (which it obviously isn't).  I finally have my hands on it and I can't wait to use it.  It's the MAC Glitter in Reflects Antique Gold.   I have several glitters from MAC but they're all bright and generally unusable colors.  I wanted this one because I saw a video where this was used to create a glittery eye look.  I thought it looked beautiful and had to have it ever since.  I haven't used it yet but I'm really looking forward to trying this out (maybe on Valentines day).


Well that's about it for my little haul.  I should probably start combining my hauls together but I just get so excited to use them and then I forget to even do a post about it.  Let me know if you would like a full review on any of these products.  





2 comments:

  1. I would love to see a look with your beautiful new glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute post!!!!!

    love this style!!=P
    follow u of course
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete