Christmas time is coming up and being a beauty girl, I tend to give gifts of makeup and other things beauty related. My older sister asked for makeup for Christmas this year an I thought it would be a good opportunity to order from Make Up For Ever since I haven't in the past. I called in to their store in New York and was greeted by a very friendly girl on the phone. She was so helpful and nice and knowledgeable. I ordered the HD foundation for my sister but I was stuck trying to decide between 3 shades. She immediately knew the different tone and color of the three shades and was able to accurately recommend the right one. I also wanted to order the Rock For Ever eyeshadow quad but she said that the store does not carry that and it was for Sephora only. She did offer to make the quad for me using the eyeshadows.
![]() |
| $45 Sephora.com |
I received the package today (Monday). Shipping was extremely fast and I was not expecting that. The eyeshadow quad included #307 (a black with silver glitter), #306 (a peach with silver sparkles), #82 (a basic shimmery silver), and #7 (a white with a slight sheen to it). All of the shadows are very pigmented and beautiful. They're also much larger than MAC eyeshadows. MAC eyeshadows are 1.5g and MUFE eyeshadows are 2.5g. I love this quad. I love it so much that I'm keeping this one and buying another for my sister.
I was already wearing a silver eye today and thought I'd punch it up a bit and put some black in the outer corner. Thinking that it would be similar to MAC's Carbon eyeshadow, I was prepared to spend a half hour blending to get it looking only ok. That was not the case at all. These eyeshadows are so buttery and so smooth, the only MAC eyeshadows I can compare them to are the Matte2. If you've ever used Blanc Type or Typographic you know just how buttery and smooth they are. It was a dream. This is my new favorite black eyeshadow and I'm afraid Carbon is going to be living in the graveyard of unused makeup like many of my previously loved products.
![]() |
| $22 Sephora.com |
Next on my list to try will be smoky lash mascara.


No comments:
Post a Comment